Thursday, September 23, 2004

First Morning in Yosemite

After story time and moments of love, we fall asleep on our first evening here in Yosemite… I am awake now, my Love and little one off to procure coffee… I am outside on our balcony looking up at Yosemite Falls… No water this time of the year, but just as grand. I think the lung gods are wishing me to quit smoking, for the cigarette smoke coming off my lit one is lingering around my face and it is not pleasant. Almost as if the mammoth trees are telling me not to blow it in their direction.

Yesterday, a baby bear cub ran across the road in front of our car… I’d never seen a bear in real life, outside of a zoo. All three of us saw it, and that set the tone for the day… We met Homer, who was celebrating his 84th birthday… He said everyday is a good day… I think he is right… Rob pulled off the road about a mile from our lodge, along the Merced river and our little family ran along it’s edge and played in the rocks… My Love taught Aud how to skim rocks… It’s beautiful here… There’s little trash to be found, and we picked up the tiny bit we saw: some plastics, a piece of Styrofoam, a bit of glass and four butts… On the way back to the car, we saw a buck… Antler in the air, we watched him as he watched us, then continued to graze… Our day is beginning, I wonder where it will take us… 9/23/04 Morning…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home