Thursday, September 23, 2004

Contemplating in Yosemite...

Today ended up being a very interesting day… Overview, we hiked to the bridge and went to Glacier Point… We saw beautiful things, took gorgeous pictures and had several difficult moments with our daughter… Which has left me here, writing, after her going to sleep with tears in her eyes and Rob going to bed without talking… It hit me full force today, something I have suspected for awhile now: Audrey being brought up around teenagers, mainly her sister, and being put on the back burner discipline-wise because of the last 4 years, has set us up for serious issues… Ironically, those that helped cause this mess have many opinions on Audrey’s behavior… In fact, she has been telling me some very interesting religious things (of the violent nature, i.e. crucifixion) that I am not happy about… Things I do not feel she should be hearing yet… If I could turn back the clock, I would have done things very different… But, today is here, and I have to fix the mistakes I have made… From now on, My daughter comes first, then Rob and I, then the rest of the world… And I think all the religious fanatics can keep their opinions to themselves… That being said, Audrey sat down tonight and drew pictures of all that she had seen… I wanted to cry, they were so beautiful… Rob and I shared a special kiss at Glacier Point, and we realized our child is quite the rock climber! When we come back (and we will, I do love this place), we will camp… I think, for all of us, that would be better… Keep us more connected, keep our little ohana closer… I love them, they are my Life…

Good night, Trees… 9/23/04 Night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home